covid-19 form and office procedures
COVID-19 INFORMED CONSENT FORM (complete online within 24 hours before appointment): www.orthocalc.com/covid/smith-orthodontics
In addition to the precautions we have always taken as set for by OSHA, we are also now following the guidelines of the CDC and the American Dental Association. These extra steps are new to all of us and will take some getting used to, but we feel they are in all of our best interests and will help us to serve you without putting your health at risk.
- We ask that you please brush and floss before you come to your appointment.
- You must fill out this updated informed consent form online no more than 24 hours before your appointment in order to be seen: www.orthocalc.com/covid/smith-orthodontics.
- Please remain in your car and call or text our office when you arrive. We will contact you when the patient should enter our office.
- We will check the temperatures of all staff members each morning and patients before being treated. Anyone with a temperature at or exceeding 100.4 or exhibiting other symptoms will not be admitted.
- If you are the patient, you will be entering through our front door and exiting through our side door to maintain social distancing requirements.
- Our reception area is currently closed. Therefore, unless you are the parent of a new patient, please remain in your car during the appointment if you are not the patient. Your child will be in good hands, and we can communicate all updates to you through a text or phone call.
- Every patient will be asked to wash their hands and swish with an antimicrobial mouthrinse prior to being seated.
- All staff members will be wearing PPE (personal protection equipment) at all times. We ask that you wear a mask if possible when entering and exiting our building as well.
- Your next appointment will be scheduled by your technician before you leave the exam room. Please let us know if the date/time we select needs to be changed as soon as possible.
- If you would like to make a "touchless" payment, we can autodraft via your bank account (just call us!) or you can pay online through our updated secure website: https://www.dramyortho.com/make-a-payment/.
We truly appreciate your patience as we work to keep everyone safe!