Braces-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes!
November has officially arrived and the holiday season is upon us, so let’s talk turkey! At Smith Orthodontics, we are thankful all year long to have such amazing patients, so we wanted to share some of our staff’s favorite Thanksgiving recipes with you! And yes, they’re all braces approved. Enjoy!
Family Friendly Recipes:
Jalapeno & Honey Cheese Ball (from Rene)
1/4 cup of honey
2-8oz. of cream cheese
1-8oz. of cheddar cheese
1 pack of bacon bits
4-6 diced green onions
1-4.5oz. of diced jalapenos
Mix together and serve with club crackers.
Green Machine Dessert (from Jennifer)
1 pkg. of Keebler shortbread cookies
3 tbsp. of melted butter
2 small pkgs. of instant pistachio pudding
2 & 3/4 cup of milk
1 (8oz.) pkg. of cream cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 carton of cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush the cookies in a ziploc bag, until finely crushed.
- Mid the melted butter with the crumbs and press into a 9×13 pan. Cook for about 10 minutes in the oven until lightly brown. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and 1 & 1/2 cups of cool whip together until smooth.
- Layer over the top of the crushed cookies crust.
- Mic the milk and pudding mix together until it thickens.
- Pour over the tip of the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the rest of the cool whip over the top and refrigerate. (Also, you can spread a few of the cookie crumbs over the top to finish.)
Green Bean Casserole (from Alana)
1 big can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup of milk
2 small cans of green beans
1/2 tsp. of pepper
1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
1 bag of French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir the mixture of soup, milk, green beans, pepper, and sauce into a dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Bake for an additional 5 minutes with onions spread on top.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad (from Robeyn)
2 cups of crushed pretzels
4 tbsp. of sugar
3/4 of melted butter
Mix, and spread in 9x13in. pan. Bake at 400°F for 6 minutes.
8 oz. of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
9 oz. of cool whip
Mix, and pour over cooled crust.
Dissolve 1-6oz. of strawberry jello in 2 cups of boiling water. Add 2-10oz. packages of frozen strawberries. Spread on top of cream cheese mixture and let it chill until set.